Friday 27 March 2015

Mini McTavishing

Book covers are a great way to practice or try out a new quilting technique.

Sketch book cover, free motion quilted, Hilary Florence Quilting Workshop

I have never used McTavishing on a quilt but wanted to give it a go.

Sketch book cover, free motion quilted, Hilary Florence Quilting Workshop

For an A5 book, this is very dense small scale McTavishing. It takes a long time, but I think the results are worth it.

Thanks for visiting...

Hilary Florence


Please find below a list of linky parties. I may not link with all of the every week, but with some of them most weeks. Please go and have a look at some of the other wonderful quilts and quilters there.

Linky Tuesday at Free motion by  the river­­­­ @ http://www.conniekresin.com/
WIP Wednesday at freshly pieced   @   http://www.freshlypieced.com/
WIP Wednesday at TN + TN  @  http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/
Off the wall Fridays @ http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.co.uk/


16 comments:

  1. Good morning Hilary!

    Wonderful neat book cover. I love the way you have the line of pebbles snaking its way across the whole design.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special bookcover. I love the way the fmq patterns and color add up. Amazing again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous...... the horizontal line featuring a complementary thread color makes the whole piece so successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully executed - and what a great gft these would be. Your quilting is just wonderful... love McTavishing...!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely worth it - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, I love the line of small circles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is fantastic! I've found lots of inspiration in your work, and I want to humbly show you mine. I mentioned you in a post last month:
    http://hilachayretal.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/mas-individuales-more-placemats.html
    Truly thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is lovely with the contrasting color and design. A beautiful way to dress up a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how everyone's McTavishing is different. It's a personal design and I find mine changes with my mood as well. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that gold thread! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work, as per usual Hilary! I especially like the string of pearls, in gold, shocker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great book cover. I know this is probably from your stash - but as usual, you have nailed it with just that tiny bit of color right through the bottom third. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I just noticed I am on your blog list. I feel famous! Thanks for offering this link. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. such fun with the mctavishing! The book covers make everything look a little fancier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea - and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete